Port St Francis Ski Boat and Yacht ClubLatest Notices
Ladies Fishing Comp 28 December 2023 - St Francis Yamaha
MARINE SAFETY NOTICE
Rules of The Harbour
DISCARD FISH CARCASS IN HARBOUR
LEAVE FISH CARCASSES AT THE
“H0G” THE STATION PREVENTING
FELLOW FISHERMEN FROM USING IT
CLEAN STATION AFTER USE
DISREGARD OF THIS RULE WILL END
UP IN R500.00 FINE
THIS IS A WATER RESTRICTED AREA.
PLEASE USE WATER SPARINGLY
THIS STATION IS THE PROPERTY OF PORT ST
FRANCIS HARBOUR ASSOCIATION AND FOR
RECREATIONAL USE ONLY
NO FISH CLEANING DURING COMPETITION
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HARBOUR
forwarded from the Harbour Master / Port Captain for your information
Copy of COF (Certificate of Fitness)
Copy of COC (Certificate of competence)
Copy of Buoyancy Certificate
Copy of VHF Radio Operator Certificate
Copy of Id
Copy of proof of membership / Card
Cost for entrance TAG: R 300.00 once off.
All existing members:
Copy of new COF once a year when old COF expires.
Harbour Master / Port Captain
NEW SAFETY SURVEY REQUIREMENTS
SADSAA have changed the requirements of the Annual Safety Surveys in conjunction with SAMSA.
The onus is on us the boat owner to present the surveyor with the following at point of survey.
- Download the relevant category documents from the attached requirements as published by SADSAA. Complete same by ticking the relevant blocks and initialling each page. DO NOT FORGET TO FILL IN THE FLARE EXPIRY DATES – FLARES TO HAVE MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS TO EXPIRY AND BE REPLACED ON EXPIRY.
- Supply the following documents:
–Photos of vessel: Side views showing vessel registration no and call sign and from stern showing transon, motors and deck layout.
–Copy of ship station licence issued by ICASA.To be paid up – receipt is required. If you do not have a station licence, application to be made to ICASA Head Office in Sandton.
–Up to date Bouyancy Certificate. Certificates are valid for 10 years from date of issue.
- Fire extinguishers to be serviced with relevant invoice.
- Note that any front windows are to be clear, approved glass. Tinted glass is not allowed. If tinted change glass in order to comply with the law.
- When disposing of a vessel, the club must be informed. A change of ownership form is to be requested from the club secretary, completed and returned. Your PSF no must be removed as the no belongs to the club and not the boat owner.
- All Equipment to be displayed on the vessel Deck For Inspection. Please make sure that your safety gear is compliant with regulations as per the documents you present to the surveyor. Should you not be present on the approved date, please contact me to make arrangements for your survey.
SHOULD ANY OF THE ABOVE NOT BE COMPLIED WITH AND CLUB FEES ARE OUTSTANDING THE SURVEY REQUEST WILL BE DENIED UNTIL FULL COMPLIANCE AND BE SUBJECTED TO AN ADDITIONAL FEE.
Should you be unclear of anything please contact us.