The club has re-opened and will again be open 6 days a week from Tuesday to Sunday.
Following the lousy weather we had in the Tuna Challenge this year and requests from some members that we try to bring the competition forward, the Committee stole a march and has secured the week commencing 27 April 2020 for next year’s competition which has 2 public holidays in it.
The 2020 Tuna Challenge will be held from 27 April to 2 May 2020.
The AGM and December Competition dates and details will be communicated in September.
PORT ST FRANCIS SKI BOAT CLUB WOULD LIKE TO THANK IT’S VALUED
SPONSORS FOR THE 2019 TUNA CHALLENGE
ENGEN OIL CENTRE
WOODLINE SHADE SOLUTIONS
HUTTON AND COOK
SILVER LAKES MARINE
DIRK ELLIS MOTORS
EXECUSPECS – J BAY
THE STATIONERY BUTLER
SKIP VAN JAARSVELD
PORT ST FRANCIS HARBOUR
LYONS GLASS AND ALUMINIUM
BUILD IT – JEFFREYS BAY
HAIR BY CHANTEL
The results for the Tuna Challenge 2019, with only 3 fish in total for the whole competition, are as follows
First Fish of the Day – Day 1: Dewald Meyer
Boat Wildside – Tuna 15 kg
Biggest Fish – 1st Prize: Francois Ellis
Boat Catari – Tuna 19.2 kg
Biggest Fish – 2nd Prize: Arno Venter
Boat Wildside – Tuna 16.5 kg
Biggest Fish – 3rd Prize: Dewald Meyer
Boat Wildside – Tuna 15 kg
Boat Prize – 1st Prize: Wildside – Arno Venter
and Crew – Charl Coetzee, Norman Hornby, David Baylis and Dewald Meyer
Total weight – 31.5 kgs
Boat Prize – 2nd Prize: Catari – Francois Ellis
and Crew – Pieter Coertze and Dirk Ellis Jnr.
Total weight – 19.2 kgs
Here’s hoping next year’s competition yields a better catch and favourable seas!
We are always optimistic!
The Easter Tuna Club Competition 2019 was a great success culminating in a great dinner at the club
on Sunday evening.
Saturday was not a fishing day but 15 boats and 59 anglers turned out on Sunday with one boat returning due to motor problems. A total of 30 fish were caught during the competition the biggest of which was 90.6 kg
We note that Eskom has advised that there is a high possibility of load shedding this weekend.
George at the Club has installed a generator in addition to the inverter so there will be always power at the club regardless. There will be no interruption of rugby and sport at the Club.
The bar fridges have also been refurbished and will house the draft kegs so this is where the coldest beer is.
See you at the Club.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON NEW SAFETY SURVEY REQUIREMENTS
SADSAA have changed the requirements of the Annual Safety Surveys in conjunction with SAMSA.
The onus is on us the boat owner to present the surveyor with the following at point of survey.
- Download the relevant category documents from the attached requirements as published by SADSAA. Complete same by ticking the relevant blocks and initialling each page. DO NOT FORGET TO FILL IN THE FLARE EXPIRY DATES – FLARES TO HAVE MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS TO EXPIRY AND BE REPLACED ON EXPIRY.
- Supply the following documents:
–Photos of vessel: Side views showing vessel registration no and call sign and from stern showing transon, motors and deck layout.
–Copy of ship station licence issued by ICASA.To be paid up – receipt is required. If you do not have a station licence, application to be made to ICASA Head Office in Sandton.
–Up to date Bouyancy Certificate. Certificates are valid for 10 years from date of issue.
- Fire extinguishers to be serviced with relevant invoice.
- Note that any front windows are to be clear, approved glass. Tinted glass is not allowed. If tinted change glass in order to comply with the law.
- When disposing of a vessel, the club must be informed. A change of ownership form is to be requested from the club secretary, completed and returned. Your PSF no must be removed as the no belongs to the club and not the boat owner.
- All Equipment to be displayed on the vessel Deck For Inspection. Please make sure that your safety gear is compliant with regulations as per the documents you present to the surveyor. Should you not be present on the approved date, please contact me to make arrangements for your survey.
SHOULD ANY OF THE ABOVE NOT BE COMPLIED WITH AND CLUB FEES ARE OUTSTANDING THE SURVEY REQUEST WILL BE DENIED UNTIL FULL COMPLIANCE AND BE SUBJECTED TO AN ADDITIONAL FEE.
Should you be unclear of anything please contact us.